Monday 24 October 2011

Yellow Bird plush toy pattern



Sorry for the delay again but here's the pattern for the yellow bird.  This pattern is for the Yellow Bird who is the mascot of the game, whos special ability allows them to pick up speed to cause more damages to the pigs.  The pattern hasn't been tested yet as I have misplaced my notes when I knitted the first bird so please tell me if you find any mistakes.  Hope you guys enjoy knitting him along with the pig.

 

As this is a free pattern, pattern is for personal use only and may not be sold, photocopied or copied electronically or distributed in any way.   Please don't sell the toy you've made, and please provide credit for the design of the pattern to myself (Knitterbees).



Materials:
1.       8 ply weight wool or acrylic. 
2.       3.25mm  40cm  circular needles/ 3.25 DPN or size needed to obtain gauge. 
3.       Buttons for eyes
4.       Stitch marker
5.       Yarn needle
6.       polyester stuffing


Gauge: 2 inch = 13 stitches, 19 rows

Colours for Red Bird:
MC – Yellow
CC1   - White
CC2   - Orange
CC3   - Black

Knitterbees stitch dictionary:
CC: contrasting color (CC1= contrasting color 1 etc.)
dpns: double pointed needles
k: knit
k2tog: knit the next two stitches together.
Kfb: knit front and back
MC: main color
pm: place marker
rm: remove marker
ssk: slip next 2 sts knitwise onto your right needle, insert left needle purlwise into the front of the sts & knit them together.
St st: stockinette/stocking stitch. k a row, purl a row. (In the round however you must knit every round.)
st(s): stitch(es)
yo: yarn over


Head:
With the double-pointed needle cast on 6 stitches (MC).  Join to work in the round, being careful not to twist the stitches. Place a stitch marker on the first stitch.
Please change to White yarn when the text is in White.
Row 1(MC): knit. 6st
Row 2(MC): kfb.  12st
Row 3(MC): and all odd rows  to row 29– knit
Row 4(MC): (k1. kfb) repeat 6 times. 
Row 6(MC): (k1, m1, k4, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 8(MC): (k1, m1, k6, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 10(MC): (k1, m1, k8, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 12(MC): (k1, m1, k10, m1, k1) repeat 3 times.  
Row 14(MC): (k1, m1, k12, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 16(MC): (k1, m1, k14, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 18(MC): (k1, m1, k16, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 20(MC): (k1, m1, k18, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 22(MC): (k1, m1, k20, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 24(MC): (k1, m1, k22, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 26(MC): (k1, m1, k24, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 28(MC): (k1, m1, k26, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 30(MC): (k1, m1, k28, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 31-33(MC): knit
Row 34(MC): (k1, m1, k30, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 35-37(MC): knit
Row 38(MC): (k1, m1, k32, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 39-41(MC): knit
Row 42(MC): (k1, m1, k34, m1, k1) repeat 3 times. 
Row 43-49(MC): knit
Row 50: k16, k6. knit to end of round.
Row 51:  k1, m1, k13, k10, k13. m1, k1, (k1, m1, k36, m1, k1) repeat 2 times. 
Row 52: k13, k14. knit to end of round.
Row 53.: k11, k18. knit to end of round.
Row 54: k9, k22. knit to end of round.
Row 55: k7, k26. knit to end of round.
Row 56: k5, k30. knit to end of round.
Row 57: k3, k34. knit to end of round.
Row 58: k1, k38. knit to end of round.
Row 59(CC1): knit
Row 60(CC1): k40, bind off to end
Row 61-63(CC1): knit
Row 64 (CC1): k1, ssk, knit to last 3 stitches, k2tog, k1
Row 65-66 (CC1): knit
Repeat Row 64 -66 until you have 20stitches left on your needle
Row 67(CC1):  k1, ssk, knit to last 3 stitches, k2tog, k1
Row 68(CC1):  knit
Repeat Row 67-68 until you have 12 stitches
For the remaining rows (CC1):  k1, ssk, knit to last 3 stitches, k2tog, k1
Repeat until you have 4 stitches left and bind off.

To finish off: Stuff Body and stitched up the base.


Beak:
Pick up 34 stitches as indicated in Diagram 1, using CC2.  Divide stitches between 4 dpns.  Start round from the bottom mid-point of beak.
Row 1(CC2): knit
Row 2(CC2): (k1, k2tog, k11, SSK, k1) repeat once
Row 3(CC2): knit
Row 4(CC2): k1, k2tog, k24, SSK, k1
Row 5(CC2): knit
Row 6(CC2): (k1, k2tog, k8, SSK, k1) repeat once
Row 7(CC2): knit
Row 8(CC2): k1, k2tog, k18, SSK, k1
Row (CC2)9: knit
Row 10(CC2): k1, kfb, kfb, k5, SSK, k2, k2tog, k5, kfb, kfb, k1
Row 11(CC2): knit
Row 12(CC2): k9, SSK, k2, k2tog, k9
Row 13(CC2): knit
Row 14(CC2): k3, k2tog, k3, SSK, k2, k2tog, k3, SSK, k3.  Insert stuffing before hole gets too small.
Row 15(CC2): k2, k2tog, k2, SSK, k2, k2tog, k2, SSK, k2
Row 16(CC2): k1, k2tog, k1, SSK, k2, k2tog, k1, SSK, k1
Row 17(CC2): k2tog, SSK, k2, k2tog, SSK
Use tweezers to stuff beak firmly and bind off using kitchener stitch.
 

Feathers:
Pick up 6 stitches (in circle) to create the first feather on top of head
Row 1 (CC3): knit in the round. 
Row 2 (CC3): k4, kfb, k1. 
Row 3 (CC3): knit
Row 4 (CC3): k5, kfb, k1. 
Row 5 (CC3): knit
Row 6 (CC3): k6, kfb, k1.  
Row 7 (CC3): knit
Row 8 (CC3): k1, kfb, k5, kfb, k1. 
Row 9 (CC3): knit
Row 10 (CC3): k1, kfb, k7, kfb, k1. 
Row 11 (CC3): knit
Row 12 (CC3): k1, kfb, k9, kfb, k1. 
Row 13 (CC3): knit
Row 14 (CC3): k5, k2tog, k5, k2tog, k1. 
Row 15 (CC3): knit
Row 16 (CC3): k4, k2tog, k4, k2tog, k1. 
Row 17 (CC3): knit.  Start inserting stuffing before hole gets too small.
Row 18 (CC3): k3, k2tog, k3, k2tog, k1. 
Row 19 (CC3): knit
Row 20 (CC3): k2, k2tog, k2, k2tog, k1. 
Row 21 (CC3): k1, k2tog, k1, k2tog, k1.  Bind off using kitchener stitch. 

Pick up 10 stitches (in circle) to create the middle feather on top of head
Row 1 (CC3): knit in the round. 
Row 2 (CC3): k8, kfb, k1. 
Row 3 (CC3): knit
Row 4 (CC3): k9, kfb, k1. 
Row 5 (CC3): knit
Row 6 (CC3): k10, kfb, k1.  
Row 7 (CC3): knit
Row 8 (CC3): k1, kfb, k9, kfb, k1. 
Row 9 (CC3): knit
Row 10 (CC3): k1, kfb, k11, kfb, k1. 
Row 11 (CC3): knit
Row 12 (CC3): k6, k2tog, k6, k2tog, k1.
Row 13 (CC3): knit
Row 14 (CC3): k5, k2tog, k5, k2tog, k1. 
Row 15 (CC3): knit.  Start inserting stuffing before hole gets too small.
Row 16 (CC3): k4, k2tog, k4, k2tog, k1. 
Row 17 (CC3): knit
Row 18 (CC3): knit
Row 19 (CC3): k3, k2tog, k3, k2tog, k1. 
Row 20 (CC3): Knit
Row 21 (CC3): knit
Row 22 (CC3): knit
Row 23 (CC3): k2, k2tog, k2, k2tog, k1.
Row 24 (CC3): Knit
Row 25(CC3): Knit
Row 26 (CC3): k1, k2tog, k1, k2tog, k1. 
Row 27 (CC3): knit.  Bind off using kitchener stitch. 

Pick up 6 stitches (in circle) and repeat as the first feather to create the last feather on top of head.

Finishing:
Worked the eyes in duplicate stitches and sew in eyebrow as shown in Diagram 1.

Chart Rules for Diagram 1:
1. All stitches are knitted.
2. X indicates the pick up stitches.
3. Read from bottom row to top.

Diagram 1:




 Hope you'll enjoy kniting this little fellow as much as I did.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post pictures to my Ravelry account if you make these little guys!! 

Killerbees

48 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. What a nice blog you have im now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. These toys look fantastic!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!! i hope you'll enjoy knitting him up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pattern! Thank you for sharing it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing these patterns! My son will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the patterns! I've already made the red bird and am planning on doing this one next. I don't see a list of materials for this one. Is it posted somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  7. opps sorry, I left out the details and materials. I have already added the new information. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished the bird! He turned out lovely! Thank you so much for sharing your pattern =) you can look at my bird in the blog: http://strikkelandet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this pattern, but while doing it I didn't really understand row 50. Isn't it the same as knit all of the stiches? I whould really apriciate it if you could clear up this detail. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not understand row 50 onwards, especially row 51 and does bind off mean cast off.Could you please clarify as I am stuck and want to finish this delightful little toy for my grandson.

      Delete
    2. hi, yes it is knit all stitches, but on row50 50 u need to change from yellow yarn to white yarn, so for row 50 u knit16 in yellow, than knit 6 in white yarn and change back to yellowing yarn and knit to end of the round.
      hope this helps

      Delete
    3. Thank you for your prompt reply,now understand row 50. Does this mean 51 is K1 m1 K13 in MC then K10 (CC1) K13 onwards MC? Does bind off mean cast off remaining 80stitches -row60?

      Delete
    4. yes that's right, and bind off mean cast off.

      Delete
  10. HI yes it this knit all stitches but u need to change the last 6 stitches to white yarn. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the way you made the eyes & eye brows! I was just wondering if you had the pattern for them, when I went through the pattern I didn't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, this looks great! I'm just a little confused from row 61 onwards - is this knitted in the round or flat? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi...yes it should be knitted in flats then sew up at the bottom to close the base off. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi the eyes are knitted in duplicate stitches and i just sew in the eyebrows as shown in Diagram 1. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for pattern! I made yellowone now and red earlier. You can look at my birds http://nirpunomatjutut.blogspot.com. My yellow bird has tails also.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to make these--then I want to try them as hats! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I printed this pattern off for my mother-in-law but she does not know what the abbreviation m1 is could you clarify

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fabulous. My two boys are going nuts for them. I made the red, pig and have to finish the yellow bird. Then I have to make another set of 3 because they are fighting over them. Thank you so much for sharing your patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the lovely comment. i hope your boys will enjoy them.

      Delete
  19. What a cool pattern!
    I do not get the chart diagram, though... is that to be knit flat, starting with the white belly?
    Can't wait to get started. My sons will go crazy : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice work. I already made the red bird. I have some problems understand row 60 and forth. Have shall I knit the 40 stitchers left, in a round or just knit-wise and purl wise?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your patterns are amazing, and I have thoroughly enjoyed knitting the red bird and the golf club cover - I really want to post the photos on your Ravelry page- but can't work out how to do that. As a guy who knits- these have given me a whole host of things to do! Love them and you are an exceptionally talented person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. D u hv an account with ravelry? I'll need an acc with them in order to put photos in. And I'm glad u enjoyed knitting the red bird and the golf cover.

      Delete
  22. hey there,

    thanks for the pattern! I'm almost done with yellow bird, but was wondering what you made the eyebrows out of? the directions say "sew in". were these done in duplicate stitch too, or are they felt? its hard to tell in the photo if they are raised or not.

    also, for anyone who is interested, I hate sewing seams, so I modified the belly and knit a gusset. Basically I just put the forty stitches onto regular needles and left the others on the circulars, and then when I got to the end of every row I picked up one or two stitches and knit them together with the lat stitch on the needle. for the first half I picked up 1 st per row, for the last half I picked up two. I had to put a row or two in for ease at the very end to make everything line up, but it worked out really well (I also knit the white belly out of the fuzzy polyester stuff the red bird uses- knitting that one next- so it didn't matter so much if there was a funky row or two in the mix). I'll post pictures to ravelry and my blog when I'm done wit the eyes and feathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Lily, sorry for the late reply but the eyebrows is basicly just yarn stitch up and down up and down. so it doesn't have a harsh line if you were using duplicate stitch. hope this helps.

      Delete
  23. Thanks for the pattern. My son is very excited about my knitting. I'm afraid I've made a mistake somewhere. I only have one eye. I keep knitting hoping something will change, but I'm not seeing it. Any ideas? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand now! Can't wait to finish this guy. Thanks again for the pattern!! ~Renee

      Delete
  24. Hello, I'm starting to knit the yellow bird
    and I would like to know what is M1 mean?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just finished Red bird, and working on making the yellow bird. My grandson loves it, and now wants black bird. Can you make a pattern for black bird? Thanks so much! Your patterns are great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wish your patterns were in PDF form of that I could download then to my IPad instead of having to print them out.

    ReplyDelete
  27. There is a mistake in row 4, the K1 should not be there! Nice patter,,,so far...did the red one and it was a hit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for this great pattern! I'm a little confused at row 61. When I get to row 61, you say to knit each row. Since I am no longer knitting in the round, should I knit and purl to keep the stockinette stitch, or just knit each row? Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Would this pattern convert to flat pattern knitted on two needles

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi I have knitted the body and it looks great but for the beak how do you split the 34 stitches across (3) or 4 needles?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have the same question as the previous sender. About the beak and how to split up the stitches if it was 8998, 9889 or another combination.? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  33. Is there a diagram showing the father positioning?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Is there a diagram showing the father positioning?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi there,
    I am knitting your cute yellow bird. I have completed the yellow part of the bird and I am working on the base (white part.)
    The pattern is written showing all knit rows for the base. This would indicate that it is in garter stitch. Yet, when I look at some of the birds that others have knit, the bases on their birds are don in stockinette stitch. I can’t see the base of you yellow bird to determine.
    Will you clarify and thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice post! This blog is an ideal guide for those who love to make Plush Toys. Each post shows different Plush Toys patterns. It would be nice if you can add the patterns of the Reversible Plush Toys too. Keep sharing new different plush toys patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi there!
    I read your blogs it's very amazing and wonderful and I like and appreciate your blogs. Keep it the good worked. If you’re searching here and there to gift your kid and plush dolls, there is no need to explore more because you’re at the right place! IBuyGreat has a little surprise for you all! Guess what? It’s the cute soft plush dolls toys!

    Special Offer: Get 23% Extra Discount Using "Win23" Code
    Plush dolls

    ReplyDelete